|QUALIFICATIONS:||Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical), University of Adelaide 1968|
|Present||Covey Consulting||Consultant Mechanical Engineer|
|1979 – 2010||Kimberley Clark Australia||1993-2010 : Senior Design Engineer
1989-1992 : Design Engineering Manager– Tantanoola Pulp Mill
1979-1989 : Design Engineer
|1975 – 1979||APPM – Burnie Mill||Project Engineer|
|1975 – 1977||APM Tumut Sawmill||Project Engineer|
|1972 – 1974||Frigrite Adelaide||Mechanical Design Engineer|
|1968 – 1972||Commonwealth Dept Works (Darwin)||Mechanical Design Engineer|
Kimberly Clark Australia
- A wide range of small and large mechanical projects, many of which are restricted by confidentiality requirements. These range from packaging machine rebuilds to sewage treatment plants with many pulp and paper projects included.
- In charge of all design aspects of the $200 million Greenfield pulp mill at Tantanoola, other than electrical and instrumentation. Apart from Visy at Tumut, this is the only new pulp mill built in Australia since the 1960’s. Responsibility included a new pulp dryer line using novel technology which was added to the project late in the piece.
- Many projects ranging from minor jobs, to several million dollars. Typically in the pulp and paper areas. But also including a new multi million tissue converting line.
Associated Pulp and Paper Mills
- Involved in the design and construction of a new very high-pressure Wet Air Oxidation chemical recovery plant at Burnie Mill.
Australian Paper Manufacturers
- Various projects associated with a softwood sawmill at Tumut.
- Building services projects – HVAC.
Commonwealth Dept of Works (Darwin)
- Mechanical design engineer on various building services projects.
- Johns Perry Prize – University of Adelaide 1968