|QUALIFICATIONS:||University of Melbourne (1974-76) – Bachelor of Commerce
Associate of the Institute of Chartered Accountants
|2003 – Present||Covey Consulting||Associate|
|2000-2003||CHH Wood Products||Commercial Manager – Australia|
|1999-2000||Lee McKeand & sons Pty Ltd||Commercial Manager|
|1995-1998||Amcor Trading||General Manager – Asia Paper trading|
|1994-1995||Amcor Paper||Commercial Manager – International Division|
|1989-1994||Brown & Dureau Ltd (Division of Amcor Ltd)||Group Financial Controller|
|1987-1989||McPhersons Ltd||Corporate Accountant & Taxation|
|1984-1987||Exxon Chemicals||Senior Business Analyst|
- 2003 to present – Waste Paper Collection & Export, Paper Trading, Associate of Covey Consulting Pty Ltd
- Export of Japanese corrugating medium to Malaysia, Singapore & China.
- Collection & export of waste paper and waste plastic to North & South East Asia.
- Commercial associate of Covey Consulting Pty Ltd – consultants to Pulp & Paper Industry
- 2000 to 2003 Commercial Manager-Australia – Carter Holt Harvey Wood Products.
- Responsible for commercial operations for 5 sawmills, engineered wood products mills and distribution warehouses spread over South Australia, Victoria, New South Wales and Queensland.
- Involvement in strategic reviews of the business as well as evaluation of mergers and acquisitions.
- 1999 to 2000: Commercial Manager – Lee McKeand & Son Pty Ltd.
Business turnaround & strategic review for privately owned family company.
- Reduced inventory levels by 40% in measures taken to improve working capital usage.
- Implemented budgeting, management reporting, cash flow management discipline and use of IT.
- Completed a strategic review to refocus business and developed new business growth and opportunities.
- 1995 to 1998: General Manager – Asia Paper Marketing – Amcor Trading.
- Managed and developed a network of 5 paper trading businesses in North & S. E. Asia serving CHH & Amcor.
- Integrated the SE & North Asian network with US paper trading business with resultant efficiencies & synergies.
- Retained and strengthened relationship with key external principal (CHH) with resultant volume growth.
- Located & grew new opportunities and distribution options for Amcor Trading’s business growth.
- Concurrently, managed the exit of Malaysian paper mill project for Amcor (carry over from previous role).
- 1994 to 1995: Commercial Manager – Amcor Paper – International Group.
- Evaluated acquisition and greenfield proposals and participated in business negotiations & due diligence for all business activities related to offshore paper businesses.
- Project managed a paper mill project in Malaysia and successfully procured key facets of project – mill licence, local blue chip partner, land, energy, water and logistics up to a proposal for Board approval stage.
- Managed the corporate and financial administration for the International Group including compliance with legal, tax and cultural requirements of countries in which the Group conducted business.
- Participated in strategic definition and planning for International business.
- 1989 to 1994: Group Financial Controller – Brown and Dureau Limited Group (a division of Amcor).
- Managed financial and corporate reporting and accounting for the B&D Group.
- Developed and implemented global information systems to analyse and report monthly financial data.
- Managed group tax planning and review and submission of the Group’s global tax returns.
- Successfully assimilated the takeover of Edwards Dunlop & Company into the Amcor Group.
- Participated in Amcor’s acquisition Spicers Paper and sale of Edwards Dunlop core business into Spicers Paper.
- Effected the successful divestment of the various residual diversified businesses in Brown & Dureau.
- Participated in Amcor’s acquisition of APPM from the then North Broken Hill.
- 1987 to 1989: Manager – Corporate Accounting & Taxation – McPherson’s Limited.
- Led the preparation of the Group’s consolidated statutory accounts and administration of corporate practices. Managed the monthly reporting and budgeting of Group’s worldwide business operations.
- Managed Group tax planning and tax returns.
- Supported Finance Director in initiating, analysing, reviewing, coordinating and providing recommendations for corporate projects and ensuring that Directors were kept fully informed at all times of financial matters.
- 1984 to1987: Senior Business Analyst – Exxon ChemicalAustralia Ltd.
- Established Internal Audit function, which oversaw three key integrated businesses.
- Prepared, analysed and submitted monthly and annual financial accounts to Regional HQ in Hong Kong.
- Prepared annual statutory and local tax returns for audit and lodgement.
- 1979 to 1984: Assistant Manager, Audit – Price Waterhouse.
- Planned, managed and executed audits of a range of multinationals, private companies and individuals.
- Successfully qualified as a Chartered Accountant whilst progressively advancing through the ranks.
- Served as national staff instructor including assignments to train staff in PW’s Jakarta office in Indonesia.