|QUALIFICATIONS:||B.E (Mechanical.) University of Tasmania
Completed courses in:
|AFFILIATIONS:||I E Aust., Appita|
|1991 – Present||Covey Consulting||Engineering Manager|
|1974 – 1990||Associated Pulp and Paper Mills
(now Australian Paper)
|August 1991 : Senior Pulp Mill Engineer – was appointed to this position but did not move into it due to DARS Commissioning
March 1991 : Project Leader – Direct Alkali Recovery System (DARS)
1986 – 1991 : Senior Project Engineer (DARS)
1986 : Project Engineer – DARS Plant
1984 – 1986 : Area Engineer (Maintenance) – Pulp Mill North
1979 – 1984 : Area Engineer (Maintenance) – Pulp Mill South
1978 – 1979 : Asst. Project Engineer – Burnie Mill Expansion – Pulp Mill ClO2 Plant
1978 : Asst. Foreman – Cell Plant
1974 – 1977 : Asst. Project Engineer
|1973||Completed degree in Mechanical Engineering.|
- Australian Paper – Shoalhaven
- Finishing operations review culminating in a $3m project installing equipment sourced from other AP mills.
- Project engineer for preliminary PM1 upgrade study and for the installation of spoiler bars.
- Australian Paper – Burnie
- Site engineer involved with installation of Drum Displacement Washer in Washing and Screening plant.
- Review of DARS Recovery process for improving uptime and throughput.
- Magnesium Oxide Metering Upgrade. $100,000 multi-disciplinary project to reduce over dosing.
- Australian Paper – Maryvale
- Engineering assistance during lime kiln ring gear repairs.
- Kimberly Clark Australia – Tantanoola Pulp Mill
- Design engineer for Pitch extraction project.
- Vent Gas Scrubber – $3M project. Completed design, prepared tender documents, site engineer during construction phase. Completed within budget.
- Commissioning process engineer on plant start up.
- Kimberly Clark Australia – Millicent Mill
- Project engineer for $4M upgrade of Tissue Machine No. 4.
- Associated Pulp and Paper Mills
- Preparation of operating manuals.
- Project estimates.
Associated Pulp and Paper Mills – Burnie
- Direct Alkali Recovery System (DARS)
- $3.5M Project. Supervised engineers and draftsmen for the preparation of over 300 jobs for contract. Completed within budget and on time.
- Major project ($6.6M) to provide size control.
- Reviewed plant operations, including redesign of fluid bed furnace.
- Pulp Mill
- Area covered continuous digester, washing and screening plant, evaporators, lime kiln, rotary incinerators & waste heat boilers.
- Area covered ClO2 plant, mercury cell plant, bleaching plant, chip storage and screening.
- Pulp Mill ClO2 Plant
- Installation and commissioning.
- Cell Plant
- Production position.
- General areas
- The installation of a trial gas expander in the Wet Air Oxidation plant to recover energy from high pressure (21MPa) waste gases
- “Writing better technical specifications”
Geoff Covey and Gerke Faber