|QUALIFICATIONS:||BEng (Chem) Hons (IIB)
Post Graduate studies, Institute of Paper Chemistry
|AFFILIATIONS:||Member, Institute of Engineers, Australia
|1997-2007||Australian Paper||Environment Manager Maryvale Mill|
|1985-1997||Amcor Paper Division||Technical Manager – Pulp (Maryvale)|
|1984-1985||Study leave||Institute of Paper Chemistry|
|1983-1984||APM||roduction Manager NSSC|
|1981-1983||APM||Technical Supt NSSC mill (Maryvale)|
|1979||Kimberly Clark Canad||Pulp mill process engineer (Terrace Bay mill)|
|1977-1978||APM||Technical Superintendent Port Huon (NSSC) Mill|
|1976||APM||Process Engineer Maryvale NSSC Mill|
|1974-1975||APM||Process Engineer Maryvale Batch Kraft Mill/Bleach Plant|
- Odour reduction program and investigations leading to installation of an emergency flare for odorous gases (1992-93)
- Community consultation, Environmental Management system certification and management, project environmental reviews, and environmental auditing of company sites.
- Re-designed Maryvale Mill bleach sequence in the early 90’s, eliminating dioxin emission, and substantially reducing effluent volumes and chlorinated compound discharge (lead member design team).
- Represented Maryvale Mill in a range of external community and professional forums (1990-2007).
- Sponsor and technical liaison representative for studies into catalytic wet oxidation processes for effluent and odour treatment by the CSIRO 2000 -2003.
- Managed biological monitoring studies of the receiving environment for effluent discharges to the local river from Maryvale Mill (1988 – 2007)
- Member of team, and development of concepts for GLOX (green liquor oxidation) plant upgrade – 2001.
- Totally responsible for site EPA liaison 1988 – 2002.
- Member of company environmental group auditing other company manufacturing sites (1997 – 2001).
- Management of site analytical laboratory 1988-1995 and 2003-2006
- Represented APM in governmental inquiry into effluent disposal and achieved successful outcome. Managed follow up programs and reporting 1989 – 1992.
- Part of team involved in troubleshooting and successfully upgrading boiler water treatment and steam condensates systems – 1986-87.
- Involvement in company research into tree breeding and pulp property assessments 1986 – 1994, leading to development of relationships between growing sites and pulp properties (tear index).
- Successfully represented APM in court on three occasions associated with odour complaints (1989, 1989, 1996). On all occasions fines were avoided.
- Development of a proposal for installation of an oxygen delignification process – 1993
- Manager of the NSSC pulpmill and woodyard (approximately 80 personnel) 1983/84.
- Developed concepts and implemented plant changes that allowed vastly increased use of recycled chemicals (oxidised green liquor). (1982/83)
- Development of operating procedures and training of operators in NSSC pulping and chemical preparation 1982/83.
- Successfully ‘troubleshot’ NSSC chemical preparation plant and reduced chemical plant outages and production restrictions from being the major source of lost production to being negligible, without major capital expense – 1981-83
OTHER SKILLS AND TRAINING
- Environmental Audit Workshop (2001) with ongoing involvement in environmental audits.
- Intermediate and advanced Microsoft Access training – August 2002, 2003. Subsequent development of three new databases which have become key to the operation of the sites EMS.
- Very competent in Microsoft Excel and Word.
PUBLICATIONS AND CONFERENCE PRESENTATION
- Control of a Sulphur Dioxide absorber by pH – A Eagle, G Howe. Appita Vol 38 No 2 Mar 85.
- A Kinetic Study of High Yield AQ-Sulphite Pulping of Loblolly Pine – A Eagle, T McDonough. Appita Vol 41 No 2 Mar 88
- Analysis and Optimisation of a pulp screening system – K Nguyen, A Eagle, M Van Klaveren – Appita Vol 44 No 5 Sep 91
- Community Odour Committee – APM Maryvale 1990-92: A Eagle, P McNab. Appita Conference Proceedings 1993.
- Liquid Phase Oxidation of Sulfide to treat foul gas: An alternate approach for Kraft Mill Odour Control – A Gosh, W Raverty, A. Eagle. 6th World Conference of Chemical Engineering September 2001
- Catalysts for a Better Kraft Pulp Mill Environment: Alan Eagle, Manh Hoang, Keith Wilshier and Zongli Xie. Appita Conference Proceedings 200