|QUALIFICATIONS:||Dr Ing. (Chemical), Università degli Studi di Trieste, Italy|
|AFFILIATIONS:||I E Aust., Appita|
|2016 – Present||Covey Consulting||Process and Project Engineering Associate|
|2006 – present||Miotti Consulting||Principal Process and Project Engineer|
|1994 – 2006||Beca AMEC||Process and Project Engineer|
|1981 – 1994||AMEC||Process and Project Engineer|
|1979 – 1981||Sandwell||Process and Project Engineer|
|1977 – 1979||Stadler Hurter||Process and Project Engineer|
PT Agra Bareksa Indonesia – Jakarta, Indonesia (2016)
- Crude pine resin processing plant Concept Study, East Kalimantan, Indonesia
- Principal Process Engineer / Study Manager for the concept study including pine plantation operations and oleoresin processing plant
BMJ Performance Board / PT Agra Bareksa Indonesia – Jakarta, Indonesia (2015)
Paper board complex Basic Engineering Study (BES), Muan, East Kalimantan, Indonesia
- Owner’s Engineer / Client representative during design and development.
BMJ Performance Board – Jakarta, Indonesia (2014)
- Paper board complex FEED Study, Muan, East Kalimantan, Indonesia
- Principal Process Engineer / Study Manager for the concept study including BCTMP plant
Lycopodium Minerals – Perth, WA, Australia (2011 – 2013)
- Lead Project Engineer / Study Manager for several gold, copper and nickel mine projects in Africa, Australia and Philippines.
Lycopodium Process Industries – Melbourne, VIC, Australia (2010 – 2011)
- Project Engineer for the Detail Engineering of a (LVP) ampoule production facility
- Project Manager for Detailed Engineering of a biodiesel pre-treatment plant
- Project and Process Manager for the Selection Phase Study of the ammonia tail gas scrubber replacement
- Project and Process Manager for the Definition Phase Study of the effluent treatment facility upgrade project
Norske Skog – Albury, NSW and Boyer, TAS, Australia (2007 – 2009)
- Softwood Conversion Project Detailed Engineering, Boyer, TAS, Australia
- Project and Process Engineer for the Definition Phase Study for a brownfield thermo-mechanical pulping (TMP) plant.
- Secondary Effluent Treatment Plant Project Detailed Engineering
- Energy Efficiency Opportunities (EEO) Program, Boyer, TAS and Albury, NSW, Australia
- Study Manager for the Energy Audit and the Assessment & Reporting Schedule (Department of Industry, Tourism & Resources) for both the Albury and Boyer sites.
Andritz – Melbourne, VIC, Australia (2006)
- Protavia Zero-effluent BCTMP Plant Feasibility Studies, Heywood, VIC and Penola, SA, Australia
- Expert Technical Adviser on design optimization and project feasibility verification.
Beca AMEC – Melbourne, VIC, Australia (2006)
- Gunns Kraft Mill Project Detailed Engineering, Bell Bay, TAS, Australia
- Technical Team Leader for the Independent Advice for an Integrated Impact Assessment of a Project of State Significance.
Resource Planning and Development Commission of Tasmania – Hobart, TAS, Australia (2004 – 2006)
Gunns Kraft Mill Project Detailed Engineering, Bell Bay, TAS, Australia
Process Engineer / Project Manager for the Integrated Impact Assessment of a Project of State Significance. Advised the Tasmanian State Government on all technical aspects of an environmental assessment of the $2.2 billion eucalypt / pine kraft pulp mill proposed by Gunns Ltd. Included in my scope was the review of air quality and noise assessment studies by several Consultants.
Process Engineer / Project Manager for the development of Environmental Guidelines for any new bleached eucalypt kraft pulp mill in Tasmania. Study carried out by ÅF-Celpap, AMEC and Beca AMEC. My scope included the design of the combined vent stack for the boilers taking into account noise and the ground level concentrations of regulated pollutants dust, NOx, SO2 and total reduced sulfur (TRS) compounds.
China International Tourism and Trade Co Ltd (CITTC) – Hong Kong, PRC (2005)
Process Engineer / Study Manager for Zero-effluent BCTMP Plant Feasibility Study, Portland, VIC, Australia
Australian Paper Maryvale – Morwell, VIC, Australia
Process Engineer / Project Manager for several studies and projects in the chemical preparation plant, kraft mill, NSSC mill and paper machines.
Norske Skog – Albury, NSW and Boyer, TAS, Australia
- Effluent Treatment Upgrade Definition Phase Study, Boyer, TAS, Australia
- LWC Conversion Project Definition Phase Study, Boyer, TAS, Australia
- Project Detailed Engineering for upgrade evaluation, Albury, NSW, Australia
- Fibre, Water and Energy Conservation Definition Phase Study, Boyer, TAS, Australia
Klabin S.A. – São Paulo, Brazil
Owner’s Engineer for the technical and capital cost review of a BCTMP plant and paper board machine expansion project. Main Engineer: Pöyry São Paulo, Brazil.
Carter Holt Harvey Tasman Bleached Kraft Pulp Mill – Kawerau,
New Integrated Chlorine Dioxide Plant Upgrade Study
Fletcher Challenge Paper Australasia – Kawerau, New Zealand
Study Manager Paper Mill White Water System improvements
Millwide Optimization Study
Mechanical Pulp Mills Area Leader for the MOP study of the Kawerau Mill.
Indah Kiat Pulp & Paper Bleached Kraft Pulp Mill – Perawang, Riau, Sumatra, Indonesia
Environmental Report Study
Project Manager/ Lead Engineer for the addition of PPM4 and PPM5 woodfree paper machines and MB 21, 22 and 23 circulating fluidized bed power boilers.
PT Riau Andalan Bleached Kraft Pulp Mill – Kerinci, Riau, Sumatra, Indonesia
Millwide Process Study
Australian Paper – Burnie, TAS, Australia
Chlorine and Chlorine Dioxide Gas Emission Control Project Detailed Engineering
Process Engineer / Project Manager for the project Detailed Engineering in the bleached pine soda pulp mill.
AMEC (Vancouver, BC, Canada)
Irving Paper – Saint John, NB, Canada
Process Engineer for the Detailed Engineering Single-Stage Medium Consistency Peroxide Brightening Plant Detailed Engineering
Mazandaran Wood and Paper Industries – Tehran, Islamic Republic of Iran
Owner’s Engineer on a secondment basis to IRITEC (Iran International Engineering Company), Tehran, Islamic Republic of Iran. Main Engineer: Klöckner Stadler Hurter, Montréal, QC, Canada.
Sari Board and Paper Complex BES, Sari, Islamic Republic of Iran
Process Specialist for a 280 BDt/d bleached chemi-mechanical pulp (BCMP) and 300 BDt/d NSSC pulp and paper complex. (general contractor Tecnologie Progetti Lavori SpA, Roma, Italia).
Siam Pulp and Paper – Ban Pong, Thailand
Process Engineer / Study Manager Improvements to Process Water Utilizations and Waste Water Treatment Study (ÅF-IPK/ H.A. Simons joint-venture).
Paprican – Simons – Vancouver, BC, Canada
Senior Process Engineer for Towards Closed-Cycle Kraft Study
ENDESA – Santiago, Chile
Technical-Economic Evaluation Study, Papeles Bio Bio, Concepción, Chile
Process Engineer for the audit / study of the 260 BDt/d newsprint, telephone directory and specialty grade paper mill.
MacMillan Bloedel – Powell River, BC, Canada
Bleached Kraft Pulp Mill Woodfree Paper Conversion Feasibility Study
Process Engineer for the 500 BDt/d kraft pulp mill modifications. Overall material balance process simulations.
Howe Sound Pulp and Paper (Paper Excellence) – Port Mellon, BC, Canada
Process Engineer for various studies in the kraft mill and for a 700 ADt/d CTMP mill.
Western Forest Products – Woodfibre Mill, Squamish, BC, Canada
Bleached Kraft Pulp Mill Rebuild Project Detailed Engineering
Process Engineer for the 600 BDt/d CDEHD bleach plant’s chemical preparation area.
Finlay Forest Industries – Mackenzie, BC, Canada
Process Engineer for a 610 BDt/d twin wire newsprint machine.
Sandwell (Vancouver, BC, Canada)
Alto Paraná S.A. – Buenos Aires, Argentina
Bleached Kraft Pulp Mill Detailed Engineering, Alto Paraná, Misiones, Argentina
Process Design and procurement / expediting for a 520 BDt/d BKP mill’s DCEDED bleach plant and chemical preparation plant (including chlor-alkali plant).
Stadler Hurter (Montreal, QC, Canada)
Industrial Development and Renovation Organization of Iran – Tehran, Iran
Sari Board and Paper Complex Detailed Engineering, Sari, Islamic Republic of Iran
Process Design and Procurement in bleach and bleach chemical preparation plants during Detail Engineering of a 620 BDt/d forest complex.