|QUALIFICATIONS:||B.Sc. First Class Honours (Botany) University of Western Australia; M.Sc. (Botany) University of Western Australia; Ph.D. (Botanical Sciences) University of Hawaii; Graduate Diploma Educational Administration University of Melbourne; Certified Purchasing Manager (U.S.A)|
|2008 – Present||Covey Consulting||Associate|
|2000 – 2008||PaperlinX Ltd||Group Purchasing Manager|
|1998 – 2000||Amcor Ltd||Group Purchasing Manager|
|1996 – 1997||Amcor Ltd||National Contracts Manager|
|1993 – 1996||Amcor Ltd||Manager Environment & Product Safety Research|
|1986 – 1993||Amcor Ltd||Manager Research Services|
|1985 – 1986||Amcor Ltd||Superintendent Analytical & Biological Sciences|
|1980 – 1985||Amcor Ltd||Research Scientist|
|1977 – 1980||Monash University||Senior Tutor|
|1975 – 1977||University of Rhode Island||Assistant Professor|
Purchasing and Supply
- Strategic procurement to maximizing the value for the business functions of PaperlinX and Amcor.
- Leading projects, contracting and coordinating operating sites for major purchases of direct and indirect services and goods.
- Provide purchasing support to Special Capital Projects.
- Development and implementation of Purchasing Policies aligned with Corporate Governance.
- Corporate team responsibility for coordinating and optimizing multi-site (up to 50) strategic procurement of major raw materials and services.
- Facilitate change in suppliers and operating units towards volume aggregation, rationalisation and premium suppliers. Follow through to implementation and continuous improvement, and review phases.
Environment & Pulp and Paper Research
- Leader of Centre of Excellence in environment and product safety.
- Management team responsible for budgeting, project planning, project review and external relations with customers.
- Research project management and design, project budgeting, and research promotion.
- Light Microscopist – fibre and paper analysis, identification of biological and inorganic contaminants.
- Water and solid waste environmental impact, survey design and management
- Experimental design and interpretation of aquatic bioassays
- Water and solid waste treatment, bioremediation for pulp and paper waste water