For the past five years, client’s staff regularly access specialised technical databases and articles filtered by Covey Consulting, and are rapidly supplied with specific information at their request.
- Strategic, Business Plan and Feasibility studies
- Change and innovation management, efficiency optimisation
- Sustainable Development and Cleaner Production initiatives
- Strategic sourcing/procurement and contracting
- Process and Operational audits
- Expert systems, modelling and optimisation
- Technical Information services, expert witness services
- Analytical Services – Chemical and environmental analysis, and Microscopy
Case Study 1 – Technical Information
To provide a major Australian Pulp and Paper Manufacturer timely access to technical, operational and market information relevant to their business.
Manage subscriptions and access to specialised global databases, journals and general literature on the pulp and paper industry. Then provide the customer with routine filtered summary reports on business and technical categories. Full documentation is provided as required. Specific information searches on short notice and rapid turnaround for urgent and defined topics on any business areas.
Customer has renewed the Covey Service subscription for the past five years, and staff continue to regularly access the information services provided.
Case Study 2 – Odour Monitoring
Develop a portable device to capture odorous chemicals from the air for subsequent analysis and identification.
In conjunction with the CSIRO, a compact, robust and portable Odour Monitoring Station (OMS) has been developed. When coupled with analysis by gas chromatography-mass spectrometry, the OMS can detect odour-causing compounds well below their threshold of smell. The OMS is used in field applications, including pulp and paper industry sites, traffic fumes and waste emissions. The results allow differentiation between source and background odours.
Odour survey results have been appreciated by both companies and local residents in addressing sources and reasons for odour concerns.